Friday, June 19, 2009

Time to get going!


I created this blog in order to share pictures of my work with family, friends and whoever happens to drop by. Probably about time I get going on that! I don't know why I've been dragging my feet so. Guess I have a bit of fear of writing since I don't do it much anymore. Bear with me as I get going...

Today I want to share a scan of a crazy quilt block I made for a memorial quilt for Dee, an online crazy quilting friend from the Netherlands. I had the pleasure of meeting Dee in person twice at the Crazy Quilting Retreat in Omaha, NE. Dee was a lovely lady and did beautiful work. Dee lost her battle with cancer after returning home from the Retreat last year.
Kate C., one of the members of the Quiltropolis list, put out a call to make blocks for a memorial. Kate sent us several pieces of fabric to set the color pallet. Enough blocks were made that there will actually be 2 quilts. We will get to see the finished quilts at this year's retreat which is July 9 through 12. We will miss you Dee....


No comments:

Post a Comment