Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ornaments

In just a few short weeks I'll be in Omaha to teach at the Crazy Quilt Retreat http://www.crazyquilt.com/retreat.html I have two classes, the Springtime in Paris box, and the Fantasea Reef wall hanging. It means my time to blog is very limited so I'll be posting pictures of work from the past that I already have saved in my computer.

Today I'm showing off a couple of really fun crazy quilted ornaments I made last year. They are from a pattern I created a few years ago for the Eastern Polk County Quilt Guild. The originals were done in very traditional colors of green, gold and reds. I like these *much* better! They are definitely more me.


Fabrics I used include silks, new and recycled cottons, and sythetics. The upper left portion of the heart has a couple of my needle tatting expiraments that didn't work out as full motifs. I never toss out those failed motifs because so often they fit so well into small areas of my crazy quilt blocks.


On the stocking, there are some small pink star beads near the top. I picked these up from a vendor at the Omaha Retreat a few years ago. I'm not sure what they are made of-some type of clay perhaps? In any case, they are very delicate and break easily. An ornament was the perfect place to use them since it's not likely they will be bumped or touched. Other embellishements include seed and bugle beads, silk threads, vintage lace and various new trims.



Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband Steve, pictured below with our grandchildren Emily and Andrew. Words can't express what great job I think you do with our boys. Happy day my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment