Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Scrumptious Scraps Week 2




Week two of my Scrumptious scraps class has been really fun. Above are photos of the dyed lace base. I'm hoping I didn't go too dark, and that my embellishments will show well once they are applied. I'm thinking that I'll add quite a bit of bead work to cover the areas I'm not that fond of. My plan to finish my piece is to add a border, and I have a very cool vintage crochet yoke that will act as a focal for the upper left corner. I will have a picture of that later, when my batteries are recharged.

On a side note, I have been working hard to organize my studio. I've been feeling totally overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I've accumulated over the last 23 years of quilting. I just don't want to share pictures yet because I still have a long way to go until it's finished. I don't suppose anyone else out there is in the same boat?

7 comments:

  1. Au contraire, mon ami! I am in the process of digging through and organizing my stuff YET AGAIN! Got a great new bookshelf to replace the little one I had my cotton fabrics stored on/in. Last month I got rid of an old display thing from JoAnn and downsized accordingly. Still way too much stuff hanging around, but so much stuff is earmarked for our Huge Yard Sale in May. I hope you took “before” pictures so we can compare them to your “after”! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a contant battle, isn't it Cathy? Yes, I do have before pics, but I'm not certain just when I'll be able to post after pics. Hopefully SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in the same boat, Lisa! I'm gearing up for a make-over...we have an Ikea nearby and I am thinking tables with pull-out wire bins under them. That would be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa the project is coming along great. I bet you are loving this class. I know I did.

    I can't wait to see what you do with it as you always do everything so beautifully.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Freda :)
    I really am enjoying the class. The notes are wonderful! I'm going to have to squeeze in time to work on the flowers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! I just stumbled across your blog from another one and am in awe of this and the other pieces you're showing. I can't do fiber or felted or sewn ANYthing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lori,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I really enjoy all the different things I do. Keeps life interesting! Never say 'can't....just say I haven't tried yet :)

    ReplyDelete