Thursday, September 10, 2009

Long Time No See....

It's been waaayyyyyy longer to post than I intended. Another blogger recently said that the longer you stay away, the easier it is to just let things go. But I've been thinking about this for so long that it was time to just sit down and do it.

I had so many pictures on my camera to edit that it took 2 solid evenings to get through them all, and I STILL have to take my camera in to get pictures made from the card. I'm always so nervous that I'll loose all my pictures when I insert it into the computer. Silly, yes, but I still worry and it holds me back from doing what I need to do.

I have so many things to post about that I'll be posting at least once if not 2 times a day now. I think the easiest thing for me will be to start with the newest thing first, especially since I'm so excited to have a finished quilt to show off!

This is my newest sane quilt, Bohemian Bulls Eye, which I finished over the long Labor Day weekend. It's a sample for a class I'll be teaching at the Quilting Connection in Ames, Iowa in October and it is one of my all time favorite patterns.

Here are a couple of detail shots so you can see the machine quilting on the quilt.


Upper right corner detail.


Border quilting detail.

This is the 2nd version of Bull's Eye that I've made. I gave the first one to my eldest son Andy a few years ago and unfortunately I don't have pictures of it. Hope to get some next month when he is home on leave from Afghanistan.

1 comment:

  1. This is so lovely! That's a fabulous border fabric, the burgundy one.

    I can relate to your fear about digital pics. I'm paranoid so I make multiple backups onto dvd's and keep copies at a friend's house. I do this for all my backup files (photos, documents, everything on my hard drive, etc.)

    ReplyDelete