These are some Christmas ornaments I finished recently. The pattern I used came from CQ Mag Online, and you can find it in Vol.7, Issue 04. Sorry, I am having trouble posting working links today. Google "cq mag online" and you will find it.
Rather than making my ornaments two sided, I chose to cover the back with upcycled dupioni silk from a thrift shop dress. It was rather plain looking to me and then the idea hit to add some of my small needle tatted motifs. This was done after I had completed the ornaments, so they are just glued in place. Next time I make ornaments, I'll take the time to sew them in place. Thinking I'd like to make a set for the Iowa State Fair next year.
Adding the tassles was also and afterthought and was kinda tricky, but I managed. I took pre-made tassles and threaded them through the burgandy wood bead and a brass beadcap. I tied off the tassle loop and cut the ends. Using beading thread, I sewed up through the tassle and through the trim to hold the tassle in place. Next time, I'll sandwich the tassle between the front and back of the ornament.
I am off to the Central Iowa Beadbash in Marshalltown, Iowa today. I'm hoping to find some new seed bead colors and some bead shapes to make some beaded flowers that I've been wanting to try out.
April Monthly Challenge Recap
12 hours ago