Friday, February 4, 2011

Busy busy.....

......but then who isn't these days???? I have no current pictures to share of what I've been up to. I have to take my camera to the quilt shop to get shots of my current projects because they have left the house so fast that I didn't have a chance to charge up the batteries for my camera before they had to go on display for upcoming classes.

Rather than have a picture-less post, I leave you with this, a purse that I made as a gift for the former owner of the Quilting Connection.

The purse is my variation of a pattern by Embellishment Village. , the small Curve Appeal Bag. It was a really fun project to make and I was able to use a lot of different fibers and beads from my stash, as well as go a little crazy with machine quilting in a variety of metallic, rayon and cotton variegated threads. The fabrics are all cotton batiks, though I think it would lend itself well to the fancy fabrics that we crazy quilters love to use. Hmmmm......I think I see a silk and velvet creation in my near future....

No comments:

Post a Comment