Monday, January 17, 2011

First Finish for 2011, the Cascades Quilt

See???? I wasn't fibbing, I really do have quilty things to post this year! This is Cascades, a pattern by Black Cat designs and it is my first finish for 2011. This was a really easy pattern, though I would caution anyone who purchases it that there is a major error in the directions. The pattern says to cut 12 3/4 inch squares for the setting triangles when they actually should be 14" square. The details of the correction can be found here.

Despite the frustration of the pattern error, I have to say I enjoyed making this quilt, and it will now hang at the Quilting Connection in Ames, Iowa. I am hoping to teach a class if there is enough interest. I think I'd like to make this quilt again, though this time I would use two more closely related colors so one would blend into the next, use more fabrics, have a wider outter border and make it queen sized to fit my bed.

For now though, I am off to continue work on a baby quilt for my newest grandson, Tanner, pics to follow soon, of course.

Happy Quilting,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see you online again have missed you.. Keep posting beautiful quil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is great to be back posting. Working on Tanner's quilt tonight, pictures will come soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, I didn’t know you were also a sane quilter, LOL. Hope all is well with you and that you will be attending or teaching somewhere this year where I can see you again! Stop by and visit on my blog now and then, OK? Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy!
    Yes, long time sane quilter too, 22+ years. I see your blog posts in Google reader, I will have to visit in 'person' so I can leave you comments on your very cool works!

    Nothing is in the works for teaching, but I am going to go to St. Louis this coming June. Went last year and it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete