Friday, January 21, 2011

Cool Surprises

This week has brought me two very pleasant surprises. First, after coming home from seeing a movie I checked my email, and I had won a $25.00 gift certificate to one of my favorite online bead stores, Fusion Beads ! They had a drawing for those who "like" them on Facebook, and I was one of the lucky winners. I will take a picture of what I ordered when it arrives next week.

The second surprise was also by email, and was just so sweet. A woman from South Africa had an old issure of Quiltmaker magazine that had a pattern of mine in it. She wrote in part:
"I am a quilter from Pretoria in South Africa. I have kept this pattern, Raise the Roof, that was in the quiltmaker: September/October '97 edition for all these years! At last I started making it. Half of the top is now done! I am so excited to finish it. This morning I took it to my quilting group and they were all in awe! They then asked whether I could teach them to do it as well.
Would you mind me doing this? And off course I will give full credit. I would be happy if you would consider this favourably.
Your work is beautiful and the latest quilt that you finished is really beautiful.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Kind regards
Ina"

Below is the photo that Ina attached of her quilt in progress, and yes, of course I granted permission for her to teach my pattern to her friends. I was so honored to be asked!

No comments:

Post a Comment